Event Date : 14th January 2024
Event Location : MAGADH UNIVERSITY, BODH GAYA, BIHAR
Bodh Gaya Marathon | 42.195km, 21.097km, 10km (Timed Run), 5km-Fitness Run | Magadh University | Bodh Gaya Marathon Committee (BMC) | AIMS Certified | All timed route is AIMS Certified | www.bodhgayamarathon.com
Organized By:- Bodhgaya Marathon Committee & International Buddhist Confederation (IBC)
Managed By:- Thrill Zone
The Bodh Gaya Marathon Committee, an inspiring NGO, is dedicated to promoting global harmony and spiritual enlightenment. Through the Bodh Gaya Marathon, they bring together individuals from diverse backgrounds on a shared journey of self-discovery. Their aim is to transcend boundaries, nurture compassion, and foster spiritual growth. This association strives to create a ripple effect of peace and harmony, making Bodh Gaya a beacon of hope for those seeking inner tranquility.
Additionally, the association seeks to uplift nearby villages such as Sujatagarh, Dungeshwari, and Dharmaranya Temple. They aim to develop proper roads connecting these villages to Bodh Gaya town, empowering local communities and providing enhanced access to opportunities. Through these efforts, the association aims to create a positive impact and bring about meaningful change.
About Bodh Gaya (Bihar)
Bodh Gaya, located in the state of Bihar, India, is a sacred and historical city renowned for its association with Buddhism. It is the place where Gautama Buddha attained enlightenment under the Bodhi tree, making it an important pilgrimage site for Buddhists around the world.
The Bodh Gaya Marathon, scheduled for January 14, 2024, on a Sunday, is an event that aims to promote the cause of global peace. It serves as a platform for people from different walks of life to come together and raise awareness about the importance of peace, harmony, and understanding in today's world.
Bodh Gaya Marathon includes the full marathon (42.195 KM), half marathon (21.0975 KM), 10 KM, and 5 KM (Fitness Run - Non-Timed). This diverse range of distances allows individuals with varying levels of running experience to participate and contribute to the cause.
Event Name - Bodh Gaya Marathon 2024
Organized By - Bodhgaya Marathon Committee & International Buddhist Confederation (IBC)
Date - 14th January 2024
Venue - Magadh University, Bodh Gaya, Bihar
Distance - 42.195km (Full Marathon), 21.097km (Half Marathon), 10km (Timed Run) & 5 KM (Fitness Run)
For All Participants:- T-shirt, Medal, Certificate, Refreshments, Hydration Support, Energy drink, BIB with Timing Chip
Cash Prizes - Total cash Prizes 3 Lakhs
Full Marathon & Half Marathon (Age categories)
18 to 34 Years (3 Male & Female)
35 to 44 Years (3 Male & Female)
45 to 54 Years (3 Male & Female)
55 to 64 Years (3 Male & Female)
65+ Years (3 Male & Female)
10 KM (Age Categories) - Top 3 males and 3 females
5 KM - Fun Run (No age categories)
Note:- The top 3 males and 3 females in the Marathon and Half Marathon will be rewarded with cash prizes, there are only trophies in age categories.
AIMS Certification - Bodh Gaya Marathon has been granted the prestigious AIMS (Association of International Marathons and Distance Races) certification. This recognition marks a significant milestone for our marathon and showcases our commitment to organizing a world-class event adhering to international standards.
Important Information for Bodhgaya Marathon Participants:
1. Customized BIBs: To receive a customized BIB with your name, please make sure to register at least 15 days before the event date.
2. Non-Transferable Registration: Registrations with discounted rates are non-transferable. The registered participants must use the BIB assigned to them.
3. BIB Expo: The BIB Expo will take place one day prior to the event at the designated venue. There will be no BIB Expo on the event day.
4. BIB Collection on Behalf of Others: If someone is collecting BIBs on behalf of other participants, they must present a consent letter from the registered participants in order to receive the BIB.
5. No On-Spot Registration: On-spot registrations will not be available. Participants must register in advance to secure their participation.
6. BIB Exchange: Participants are not allowed to exchange their timing BIBs with others. Each BIB is unique and should only be used by the assigned participant. Any participant found wearing another participant's BIB will be disqualified.
7. Proper Placement of BIB: Participants must wear their BIB on their chest, ensuring it is visible. Wearing the BIB on the back will result in disqualification from the winner's list.
8. Email Updates: All event-related updates will be shared via the registered email address.
Facilities provided during the event:
1. Baggage Counter: There will be a baggage counter available at the venue for participants to store their belongings securely.
2. Medical Support: Ambulances will be stationed along the route, and a dedicated medical team will be present at the venue and at multiple points along the route.
3. Hydration Points: Hydration points will be available at regular intervals of 1-3 kilometers to provide participants with Hydration support
4. Washroom Facilities: Washrooms will be accessible at the start/finish area and along the route for participants' convenience.
5. Timing System: Timing systems will be in place at the start/finish line, 5 kilometers, 10.5 kilometers, and 21 kilometers for timed runners participating in the respective categories.
6. Route Marking: The route will be clearly marked with arrows and other indicators to guide participants along the correct path during the half marathon.
7. Pre-Event Zumba and Post-Run Cooldown: Participants can enjoy a pre-event Zumba session to warm up and a post-run cooldown session to cool down their bodies.
8. Route Marshals and Volunteers: Route marshals will be stationed at various points along the route to guide participants, and volunteers will be present at hydration points and other locations to provide assistance.
9. Start and Finish Line: The start and finish lines will be clearly marked and well-organized, providing participants with a seamless race experience.
10. BIB with Timing Chips: Participants in the timed categories (42.195 km, 21.097 km, and 10K) will be provided with timing chips to accurately record their race times.
11. Medical Aid Stations: Along the route, there will be dedicated medical aid stations equipped with medical professionals and supplies to attend to any participant in need of assistance.
12. Energy Stations: In addition to hydration points, energy stations will be strategically placed along the route, offering participants energy gels, fruits, or other nutritional supplements to support their performance during the race.
13. Route Entertainment: To keep the spirit high and energize participants, there may be music, Dhole, or cheering squads at various points along the route.
14. Photography and Videography: Professional photographers and videographers may be stationed at key locations to capture memorable moments of the participants' journey. These visuals will be made available for participants to relive their marathon experience.
15. Finisher Medals and Certificates: Participants who successfully complete the race will be awarded finisher medals and certificates as a token of their achievement. These mementos can be cherished as a reminder of their participation in the Bodhgaya Marathon.
16. Post-Race Refreshments: After crossing the finish line, participants will have access to post-race refreshments.
17. Event Merchandise: Official Bodhgaya Marathon merchandise, such as t-shirts, caps, or wristbands, may be available for purchase as souvenirs or memorabilia of the event.
18. Transportation and Parking: Information regarding parking facilities and transportation arrangements to and from the venue will be communicated to participants in advance to ensure a smooth arrival and departure process.
19. Lost and Found: A dedicated Lost and Found area will be set up at the event venue to assist participants in retrieving any lost items during the marathon.
For Query +91 8591650070, 9868708176
Email us at [email protected]
Prize Money for Marathon and Half Marathon, Only trophies in age categories
WAIVER & RELEASE FROM LIABILITY
I know that running or volunteering for a road race is a potentially hazardous activity, which could cause injury or death. I will not enter and participate unless I am medically able and properly trained, and by my signature, I certify that I am medically able to perform this event, and am in good health, and I am properly trained. I agree to abide by any decision of a race official relative to any aspect of my participation in this event, including the right of any official to deny or suspend my participation for any reason whatsoever. I attest that I have read the rules of the race and agree to abide by them. I assume all risks associated with running in this event, including but not limited to falls, contact with other participants, the effects of the weather, including high heat and/or humidity, traffic, and the conditions of the road, all such risks being known and appreciated by me. The registration fee is not refundable in any condition if the discount is 20 or more than 20%. I understand that bicycles, skateboards, baby joggers, roller skates or roller blades, animals, and personal music players are not allowed in the race and I will abide by all race rules. Having read this waiver and knowing these facts and in consideration of your accepting my entry, I, for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, waive and release the Bodh Gaya Marathon Committee, the group of Runners of India, all event sponsors, their representatives and successors from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in this event, even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons named in this waiver. I grant permission to all of the foregoing to use my photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other record of this event for any race purpose.