Event Date : 26th January 2024
Event Location : Aarey Bhaskar Sports and Welfare Association, Gokuldham, Goregaon East
January 26, 2024
Aarey Bhaskar Grounds, Gokuldham, Goregaon East
Surya Namaskar means to salute the sun which is the life source for this planet. Structured around twelve steps, traditional Suryanamaskar is a complete workout for the physical system – a comprehensive exercise form without any need for any equipment.
The benefits of Suryanamaskar are infinite. Practicing traditional Suryanamaskar not only keeps you fit and full of vibrant vitality, these steps are designed to maintain a state of preparedness and receptivity, assisting you in manifesting a body and spirit that serve as stepping stones to greater possibilities.
Since the last 8 years, we at Swayamsiddh Yog, have been celebrating Suryanamaskar on 26th January every year by performing the series 108 times.
For those who are able, we give the option of doing on the mat and for those who are unable to, there is the option of doing the 12 sets in a modified version on a chair which is relatively easier and suitable to all.
To reach the goal of 108 sets, we encourage practice and building up of strength and stamina. If one is unable to reach this goal, we urge you to do as many sets as is possible because you understand your body’s limit!
This 26th January 2024, we will start right before dawn and as dawn turns to day, we will absorb the vitality of the sun’s rays as it rises in the east!
Certificates for completion and participation will be given post the event along with tea and snacks.
Rules for Suryansmaskar (SN) event.
1. Maximum 108 SN only to be performed.
2. 12 steps traditional SN to be followed.
3. Do as per your capacity. Di not over stretch.
4. If you have any health issue or you are a sr. citizen then its advisable to participatein SN on chair.
5.During 108 SN you can take break/ breaks and again you can continue.
6. After registration you will get free online demo to learn
•right breathing technique during performing SN
•yogic techniques to manage thirst and palpitations after completing108 SN / in between performing SN.
7. Participants who will perform 108 SN on the ground, they will get certificates if completing/ participation
8. Participants who will join online
will get digital certificates of completing/participation after the event
9. On ground / online participants will be monitored by our volunteers.
10. For ground participants after the event snacks, tea etc will be provided. Its an urge not to litter on the ground.
11. Things to carry
• water bottle and hanky
• wear your provided t shirt and tri coloured wrist bands.
12. Maintain the descipline and follow the instructions on the ground.
13. Online participants
• join with their names.
• if 2 family members are joining then both names should be visible clearly on screen.
• If joining with different devices then one should set the device sound at 0.
14. Register soon & start your practise to achieve your goal to complete 108 SN